Dear Younger Me,
Older me wants to give you some advice about your life, so I urge you to listen. You see, you are about to embark on a journey that will take you places you have haven’t even dreamed of yet. Older me wants to give tell you some things that will make your passage more enjoyable and understandable.
So here goes:
- You know that feeling that you get sometimes in the pit of your gut? You should totally listen to that. That is God talking to you.
- Who really cares about what anyone else thinks? It doesn’t matter. Do your own thang and don’t care about what “they” think.
- It is perfectly fine to fail. In fact, it is going to make us a better person.
- Having a good relationship with God is totally up to you. But, man-o-man, life is so much better when you are close to Him and spend time with Him every day. You should start this much earlier in life.
- Enjoy every second with your parents and your grandparents. They won’t be around forever.
- Never, ever let anyone speak limitations into your life, no matter who it is.
- Laugh at yourself and don’t take yourself so seriously. It is OK. Promise.
- Success won’t come easy. It is not something you deserve or that is given to you. You have to work at it every day.
- When it comes to boys and relationships, realize how precious you are and that you should never ever settle for “good enough.” It won’t work for you.
- Save your damn money…like when you are in your 20’s and forward. Save SOMETHING each week. When you get older, you will realize that savings will allow you to have more choices and freedom.
- You can do so so much more than you think you can. You are definitely stronger than your mind makes you think you are. When the devil whispers in your ear, tell that A-hole to step back and get the F out of your way!
- Life is not going to go how you plan it in your head and that is OK. It will actually be much better.
- Take time every day to look up and realize all that you have to be grateful for. When you do that, your life will change and you understand that you can be happy in any situation.
- Those tough shit times…yeah, those will pass. You will come out better in the end from them.
- When you are done working, actually be done working. Don’t be “that person” who is constantly on their phone working when you are supposed to be spending time with your family. Give them your attention when you are with them.
- Give freely to others without expecting anything in return. A gift is not a gift if you give it with restrictions. When you realize this, you will see just how freeing it is.
- Never be afraid to “just be yourself.” You are beautiful and special. Remember that.
Those are just some little gems for you, dear one. You are going to have such an amazing journey ahead of you.
Mid 40’s Me
Leave a Reply