Productivity is an essential part of life – whether you’re working, studying or creating something new, being able to get things done efficiently and effectively can make a huge difference in the quality of your output. Unfortunately, it isn’t always easy to stay productive; life gets busy, distractions come easily and goals may feel overwhelming. That’s why I’ve put together this list of 8 tips for improving productivity so that you can boost your efficiency levels and get more done with less effort! Read on to find out how you can achieve better results without sacrificing your wellbeing.
1. Focus on one thing at a time. Multitasking is not a talent, it’s a distraction.
2. Set goals and mini goals within those goals. Breaking things down into manageable tasks makes the big goals more attainable.
3. Figure out ahead of time what must be done and do those things first.
4. Say, “NO!” If it is not urgent or of utmost importance, politely ask your coworkers to come back at a later time when you can give them your full attention. Also, you don’t have to say, “yes” to every request that is made of you.
5. Exercise. Work out. This will help alleviate stress and help overall productivity because you will feel better.
6. Time-block your activities. This is kind of old-school, but it works when adhered to. Don’t let email and phone calls rule over you.
7. Rest. I know this sounds counter-productive, but taking a few breaks during the day refreshes your mind and makes you more productive. Also, make sure you are sleeping enough. Your concentration and decision-making skills will thank you.
8. Create “To Do” lists for future dates. Have your schedule organized so you know what has to be done on certain days.
So there you have it! Now get to it!!
Leave a Reply